Thursday, January 17, 2008

#4: Onam Sandhya...Live & Exclusive!

[Discaimer: Those of you, who are new to my blog, please read the entries before this entry. The posts follow a reverse order so you would have to read the previous one's to keep the flow. Thank you]




I had mixed emotions that week. I was happy that all of us contestants were together for Onam, celebrating…(even though the hotel sadhya was AWEFUL!!)…singing…and just having fun! But I was sad ‘cause my entire family was together at Palakkad enjoying my Achamma’s delicious food. Everyone, my dad’s brothers, their families , my cousins…everyone was there except me! :-(




Hmm so all of us were gathered at the rooftop of the hotel we girls were put up at. We had no idea what we were supposed to do. What songs we were going to sing. And also what exactly the show was all about! The only thing that we knew and were excited about was the fact that it was going to be telecasted LIVE!!




After a looong wait…and chit-chatting Sateesh ettan and Shan chettan came up and told us the songs we would have to prepare. Most of them were Onam songs, some popular ones..and some unfamiliar ones. I was lucky to get a song I knew and I was not alone…Kavitha chehci & Divya were with me. We got “Sasikala Chaartiya” from Devaraagam. I love that song…I had danced on it coincidentally for an Onam program back in dubai about 11 years back! Cool isn’t it? :-)




For two days all of us were busy preparing and practicing our songs and also helping other groups with their songs. This was where I got talking to a lot more of the contestants. Akash, Amal, Prasobh, Charu, Kavya, Sajla and Praveen. I enjoyed Amal & Prasobh’s company. They were the youngest…the “bindaas” types…and with Amal’s non-stop nonsense…you can never be gloomy!! Hehe!




On the eve of D-day we found out that the Super Dancer Finals were being held at the same auditorium where we would be performing the next day. We begged Sateesh ettan and Sujina chechi to let us go!! After a whole lot of persuasion they finally gave us the green signal…arranged for passes and we left for it. Well not all of us though… Roopa chechi & her dad, Prasobh, Amal, Rateesh ettan, Praveen, Anand, Kavya & her dad, Divya & her mom, Latha and later we were joined by Kala chechi (Latha’s sis) & her mom. We had fun cheering the dancers…yelling for our favourite dancer numbers…oh and clapping ahrd when the LCD projector screens showed clippings of SSG ads!!! We were the only ones in that auditorium who clapped for that ad…hehe!!! (Ok that was not funny rash!!). We had soooo much fun that night! Not everyone stayed till the end. Since Latha & I were not going back to the hotel and we had to be dropped at our respective homes (me at my uncle’s palace) we waited till Anand (the only guy who lives in Trivandrum and has a car!) left the show. Praveen, Amal, Prashobh & Rateesh ettan also stayed back. By the time Prashant was declared the winner…the crowd went hysterical and we felt it would be better if we left immediately or else we would be stranded amongst that huge crowd!! All in all that night was super FUN!! For that time I completely forgot that I was unhappy in the afternoon for not being with my family in Pgt!!





Next day all of us were excited and nervous. We were prepared with our songs but since we were not going to be in our cozy studio but in front of hundreds of people watching us sing…it was a bit scary for a few (and I speak for the majority). I personally was waiting to go out onto that stage ‘cause I love performing in front of huge audiences. That’s what gives me energy!! :-)




One by one we sang our songs…and well the show on the whole was not all that great..infact it was just average. I was glad my song went off well..and everyone said that the 3 of us, Kavita chechi, divya and I had great chemistry an we performed the song well! Thank God! But the general audience watching us back home…said they had to strain their eyes and concentrate hard on not changing the channel… hmmm too bad!! Well can’t blame anyone …it was the “first-time-ever-live-audience” performance for many…and you can’t expect us to learn the lyrics, the tune, and perform songs that we have never heard before within 2 days!! Ah any ways…by gones are by gones!


Take a look at this pic...I love it...something that I am going to treasure! It has all 21 of us..and you can actualyl makeout now how much some of us have changed...physically!! Don't ask me how though!! hehe!










Well… that was that. Onam Live got over. We were very happy with the show…enjoyed every minute of it…both on stage and off stage! Oh and the next day my trip back to palakkad was also one of themost memorable train journeys. I left with most of them in the early morning Parasuram express. And boy!!! Was that train crowded or what!!! We had fun …sitting squeezed by each other..and having people standing in between our legs as well!! Hehe…. What a sight it was!! I couldn’t wait to get back and tell everyone about the wonderful time I had that weekend!!



I hope you guys enjoyed with me as well!! From my next entry I would take you through my time with each of those friends who bid farewell to the show..one by one… down my lovely memory lane….!!



Stay with me folks!!



Coming up next: My experience with the little darling and the beautiful dame of SSG…



Till then…Keep smiling…and Keep browsing!! :-)



Adios!



SSG (space) Rashmi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's a good combon'