Tuesday, January 22, 2008

#7: My B'day B'uddy!

[Discaimer: Those of you, who are new to my blog, please read the entries before this entry. The posts follow a reverse order so you would have to read the previous one's to keep the flow. Thank you]





Born: 2nd November




Year: 1984



Place: Bengal… (or I am assuming so..hehe!)




Name: ……Of course you guys know who it is…or do you?:) Akash Talapatra



Yea that’s right…that cute…non-malayalee guy on SSG. The one who swooned the 3 judges during his 1st audition with “Om Namashivay” and 2nd auditions with his “ente kalbile”… it was so sweet!








He came in as a wild card entry sure…but he was one marvelous singer! During every grooming all of us made sure we made him sing a few lines of “Om namashivay”… it was simply out of the world! His hindustaani tips with Roopa chechi’s carnatic tips made our grooming sessions realy fun! And this was purely among us contestants only!:-)






The moment we started talking we clicked so well. It was almost as if we were some long lost friends! Divya and I used to keep teasing him about learning Malayalam just to impress his malayalee girl friends in B’lore! Hehe! Poor thing...every time he’d learn something new and then forget it by next time! There was this once when Praveen had painstakingly taught him how to vote appeal in Malayalam. But after his song Akash forgot a few lines…but he still managed to win the hearts with just his “please ennikyu vote cheiyanam”!!






The more I learnt from him how he struggled to learn music and how he never got enough support…the more I empathized with him and wanted him to stay on the show just to prove all those who picked at him, wrong! But my wish was not granted…he was the 4th to bid us farewell…and that was one bad Friday farewell! I cried like I never cried before. Akash was as calm as a cat…he didn’t even show one bit of emotion on his face although I knew how this hurt for him inside. And the more I saw him being calm and the more I thought about how he would have felt…the more I cried. I just couldn’t stop. Finally Jeetu and Praveen consoled me and brought me back to face the reality. Yea they did show all of my tears on TV and I did lose the bet to my friends about “me not going to shed tears on TV”… but what really upset me alter when the show was telecasted was some of the remarks I started hearing… “Oh… why was Rashmi crying so much for Akash?...I mean…does she like him so much? is there something going on between them??”.. PUH-LEEZ!! Can’t anyone have a “normal” friendly relationship in this world?!!






Well that was that… I did take a while to get over that elimination round but sicne the very next day Latha, Kala chechi and I took Akash out just to have fun…I became alright! Oh you know all of us went for this Utterly horrible..waste of money hindi movie “Victoria no:203”… people…take my advice… please don’t ever watch that movie… no no... Not the old version... I am talking about the latest one!!






Since the next week we were beginning the long awaited “performance” rounds I had something to look forward to. I still keep in touch with Akash…oh and I had mentioned his name during that “B’day” episode of mine…where I sang Nari Nareen…but yes…they edited that portion of course!!









I know he will do well in life…he has the talent and also the zest to “go for it!!” And moreover anyone who is born on 2nd November, (Sharukh Khan…Kunjaco Boban…umm.. Me!) all have a streak of genius in them and are born super stars…like it or not!! ;-) Hehe!!






Hope you guys are still with me…. Coming up next: the “Power” of SSG and one of my closest friends there too!!






Till then…Keep Browsing & Keep Smiling!!:-)



Adios!





SSG (space) Rashmi

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kunjaco boban - a genius????!!

ellaam kondu kalanjallo ..rashmikutteee :-)

Unknown said...

Hi Rashmi,

I read your blogs at single stretch and am waiting for more. You are a good writer apart from being a great person. We like your attitude. keep up your spirits and may god bless you in your life.

Chris

Rashmi Vijayan said...

Hehe Krishna...looksl like you ain't a Kunjaco Fan.. :) ... and thank you so much for comeing to my blog both you and Chris...and keep browsing through... its my pleasure to write for readers like you!!


Adios! :)

Anonymous said...

Waiting impatiently for your next entry!!!!!!

keep up the good work, and continue writing.......

cheers & rgds

Anonymous said...

you have a kidilam way to organize your thoughts and present it well. got any awards for writing essays or poems? probably. anyways..as dimple I am also impatient for the next episode ..hehe