Sunday, January 20, 2008

#6: Ace...with Pace!!

[Discaimer: Those of you, who are new to my blog, please read the entries before this entry. The posts follow a reverse order so you would have to read the previous one's to keep the flow. Thank you]

Shy…timid…and very quite…that’s the impression she gave me first. But BOY!! Was I proved wrong or what??? Her shyness was only portrayed on screen though!! Hehe…God! How many times I used to scold her and tell her to be bold on stage!!! Even her mom used to tell ’23 vayass aayittum…13 vayassaya oru kochinne polleyaannu avalde samsaaram!” Hehe!!






Still guessing who it is huh? Well she’s Kavitha Chechi…the 3rd to bid our team farewell. We got really close after the Onam Live show. She faced similar vocal problems I did. And she even gave me a few tips on how to use my falsetto when needed and stuff like that. I can’t really explain…but there was this sense of closeness I felt with her. Although I called her “chechi” she behaved like a little sis to me! Hehe….






Once she starts talking…my my…it’s faster than Rajdhani! Trust me!! And there’s this particular tone which she uses. Its not the Trissur style….but…she’s from Kondungaloor…but it’s real nice to hear her talk….the pace and the ace!!! I had heard later that she was once a news reader on some channel….now I know where you got that speed !! Hehe!!:-)





Oh and how can I forget…she dances so gracefully! There was this one day when three of us, Divya, Kavitha chechi and myself…we were dancing to some song in our practice room. It was fun! Since 3 of us were classically trained it was so nice to dance…and Kavitha chechi was the most graceful of the 3 of us! I wish she was there atleast for one performance round…I’m sure she would have enthralled all of us with her dancing skill!!





Of all the songs she sang…I loved the last one “Nila pongal ayelo” WOW!! It was superb….well the judges felt differently of course (tell me something new!! :-D ) And she was kinda prepared to be eliminated. Well her calm attitude showed that atleast…





She used to call me once in a while even after she got out…but poor thing since she is working she seldom gets free hours! God alone knew how she managed her work projects…selected songs…learnt them…performed…traveled…went back to her job…Phew!! And I thought only I was finding things hard!!






Its been long since I have heard from her….but wherever she is and whatever she does…hope she never looses that spirit I saw in her…hope she keeps singing….keeps talking (hehe!) …and keeps all of us in mind!


Miss you chechi….and all the best to you in life!!



Coming up next: My B’day Buddy…




Till then…Keep Smiling…& Keep Browsing!! J




Adios!




SSG (space) Rashmi

2 comments:

anju said...

Hi rashmi,
Your blog is just brilliant. Read the earlier on indian idol too :)
Gives all of a real peek into what goes on behind the screen. Waiting for more posts from you!

Anonymous said...

Oh Rash... this is a superb piece of work.. loved to read all about your friends in SSG.. so touching and right from the heart... the Divya chapter made my eyes wet.. !
Pls do continue writing and you sure have a great flair for writing and a great heart.. keep it up ..! nanduett