Thursday, January 24, 2008

#8: 'Power' of SSG

[Discaimer: Those of you, who are new to my blog, please read the entries before this entry. The posts follow a reverse order so you would have to read the previous one's to keep the flow. Thank you]






The very first time I noticed her was for her 1st audition on TV. The girl with the “tough” voice! Although she sometimes sounded like a guy…I liked her voice…there was something unique…something attractive…and boy!! She is such a pretty girl!! Got all the features of a dancer.










Like I told you people earlier…Divya and I clicked right from our day 1 at the grooming sessions. We shared similar interests…loved the same kind of music…spoke hindi well.. [Ahem ahem!:-)] And…yea…we just bonded…don’t ask me why and how...theses are things one has to feel to know!





During the initial melody rounds madam was the most “negative” person around there. She kept saying.. “njna entha ivied cheiyunna”… blah blah… !! Argh!! I used to get soo cheesed off with her attitude. She used to have theses inferiority trips during our practice sessions…and I’ll have to go and morally boost her. She somehow felt she didn’t deserve to be there. See one thing was clear …I told her…not many of us were chosen purely on the basis of our talent…but we had some kind of charisma, rather portrayed some kind of spark during our auditions…which the other hundreds couldn’t.. That’s it… yes…we are lucky…But not less-deserving!!





Phew! It took a great deal of effort to get her out of her “inferiority trips”. But as we were heading towards to performance round…she began realizing her strengths and wanted to stay on to prove her talent. But the poor thing couldn’t stay on for long. She was the 1st to go out once our performance rounds began.





In fact I still remember how I felt during that elimination. In the morning we were all getting ready for our fist every performance round…and were pretty exited about it…but Divi was dull…I had never seen her soo gloomy before. We were taking a look at the new set put up…and as I approached Divi she turned around and before I could say anything she said “Rash…can I get a hug?”… I didn’t know what to say…I hugged herreal tight…and then she heaved a sigh of relief…and whispered in my ears that her yet another of her close friends passed away that morning…





I was speechless…there she stood…not one tear did she drop…and believe me...I wanted to scream out to God and ask him why he did some things to some selective people all the time!!! I mean… in our 2 months of acquaintance Divi had told me about her friends and how 2 of her really close friends left for the heavenly abode at a very early age…and this was the 3rd…why did it have to happen to her? And yet…she was soo strong… I felt terrible…I knew nothing I ever said would be able to console that deep wide hollow in her heart at that moment yet.. I wanted to make her feel better so that entire day I kept making sure that she was chirpy and bright…and never have a dull moment…





The performances got done with… Charu, Divi & me…we were the bottom 3 in the danger zone….and my heart was thumping so hard I could hardly hear what Shyama chechi said. I thought I would be out…and at the same time I felt heavy thinking about what if I was in and what if Divi left…I couldn’t bare that thought either! Finally I heard the name…Divya was going to bid farewell… I looked up at her and she was smiling…





She was prepared for her elimination…and then after thanking everyone she dedicated the song she sang that day to the friend who left her life…it was so touching…she was so brave…





The following week I missed her presence among us soo much! Then she gave all of us a surprise by appearing at our grooming 2 weeks later! It was soo much of fun… you guys remember yea..where all of us ragged each other?? What fun we had!! Then of course after a weeks gap she came back again…and this time…as an anchor!! Although she was critiqued by many for her “English” I loved the way she emceed! Her vocabulary is superb…naturally…that’s what a B.A English Literature student gives out! :-) I loved her spirit….and she was appreciated by many as “not giving up...and coming back on the show to support us”





Kudos to you babe…you know I love you don’t you!!! :-* I know you’ll do well in what you intend to pursue…and you’ll never let anything stir you…All the best sweetie!! I admire you a lot dear…miss you!! :-(



Ah…ok…I better stop…or else I might get too emotional…Hehe! Thank God this isn’t paper…or else my tears would spoil my write up if I cried…!!!



So that was my rock solid mate….one of my best friends on SSg….hope that insight made you guys happy… :)





Coming up next: The youngest at SSG…my Palakkad buddy…



Till then…Keep Smiling…& Keep Browsing! :-)




Adios!




SSG (space) Rashmi

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, she was a nice personality.. and a good singer.. ( except that "mast" ).. but our audience is yet to leave the traditional concept of music, singers and everything about music.. our music culture should little more space for new way of singing and singers

Cynic said...

Yes Rashmi - Divya was one person with a real wonderful attitude. I remember writing about it in her Fan club thread (on the ATV forum) a few days before she got out. And I know a lot of people (including me) who loved her "no fuss" presentations during the few episodes when she returned as the anchor of the show.

Keep writing - we're enjoying it :)

Anonymous said...

hmmm..... someone is getting lazy here;) na just kidding, surely you must be having some other commitments, waiting earnestly and impatiently for your next post............

do keep writing (we have been waiting for 3 days!!!)

rgds

Anonymous said...

hey rash, who's your favorite top 3 and why? -- tricky one eh?
just to get a feedback on their personalities ..

Anonymous said...

Rash, wat hpnd? Exams?? Can't wait more....