Sunday, February 17, 2008

12#: Stylish & Sizzling Singer of SSG...

[Discaimer: Those of you, who are new to my blog, please read the entries before this entry. The posts follow a reverse order so you would have to read the previous one's to keep the flow. Thank you]






When I saw her singing “ammaney” (an Arabic song by Diana Hadded) for her 1st auditions, I immediately had an image conjoured up of how she would be…talkative…smart…and a really good performer! Little did I know that I was in for a surprise regarding the former two matters!






The very first grooming through the melody rounds…through the performance rounds…she hardly spoke!! We all called her the smartest one of the lot… guess why?? :) ‘cause she was the only one who was savinbg her energy by not blabbering away! Hehehe…. Oh.. I still haven’t told you who this is yea…. Stylish and Sizzling singer of SSG…Sajla Salim..







It was not that she was an introvert or anything of that sort…she spoke to us… but only after weeks! By the time we hit the performance rounds she got the hang of our jokes and non-sensical talks…and contributed in her own little ways too!! :) I always wondered…how does a quite girl like her go up on that stage and perform like a Bomb??!! Amazing… split personality have we got here? .. Hehe… just kidding dear…






Her dresses were another attraction for all of us. Each time she managed to think of some different style and that too apt for the song she sang…apparently her aunt designs them for her…Great aunty!! :)




[What a coincidence..I am bloggin about Sajla..and her song “Oh January” is playing on my radio right this instance.. No jokes!! ]





I haven’t interacted personally with her neither, so if you ask me how much I know Sajla..I’d say…just as much as you guys do! :) But the day she got eliminated, that was when I was given my lifeline, I did feel bad for her…don’t know why…as in…maybe it was just ‘cause we both were the “performers” among the girls there and when she got out…I thought I’d be the next one. Well… I’m sure she is still doing a lot of stage shows…and seizes the audience with her super performances!! All the very best to you dear!




I hope you guys had a “mind-full” of entries to compensate for my loooooong absence :)





Coming up next: My Karthik of SSG…



Until then…Keep smiling & Keep Browsing!!:)




Adios!




SSG (space) Rashmi

7 comments:

Sree said...

Oh even i thought she would be very talkative and smart! i guess tat opinion is formed naturally....vn v see a performer,its just taken for grnated that ther are total extroverts. And oomph her clothes, wow they were jus soo good, well suited for the song. GOod going rash...:)

പാച്ചു said...

kalakki Kaduku varukkanulla paripaadi aanennu thonunnu? Kollam Ras. :)

കോവാലന്‍ said...

apt... hehe... idu diplomatic ayathano rash??? sajilade aaa lips and teeth kanan endu rasarunnu... do i sound like CI now???

Anonymous said...

Oh she was not that good. I think it was the 'likeability' factor.
Looks doesnt matter here. I think she had an arrogant halo (panathinte ahankaram) around her. And talent wise pora. Anyway far better than her garbage brothers.

appee appo sheri. ellaam paranja pole

Anonymous said...

Attukalamme sharanam!
Sathyam paranjaal after listening to Roopaa's song ..Attukaalammakku pongala arppichu kazhinjulla anubhoothi. Iswara ee Roopa will be a good replacement for that Yesudas. Anyway she will be well known all over India in the near future. In Idea star singer that Durga is another singer close to Roopa.
I should add here that I am a die-hard Jeetu fan .But dont have the heart to see the judges harassing him. So watches SSG only occasionally depending on the comments in the forum. Jeetu is the only one there to give Roopa a tough competition. But he has been de-motivated now. Others are also good but Jeetu doesnt realize the depth of his talents. Aaanakku athinte valippam ariyilla. Again he needs to groom well.I wish Reshmi was there to boost his morale. His dressing, his hair-style .aa payal sometimes looks like a gay! I dont know what is troubling him. He just needs to meditate and concentrate and spend more time with 'Goddess' Roopa and kidilam Praveen and of course Rashmi & Divya?

Appol ellaam paranja pole..

Amme sharanam

Nimisha said...

hi rashmi,,

finally after a looooong wait, we get to read 3 posts!!

thanks and keep writing

rgds

Dimple
(P.S: samayam kittumbol come and visit your ex - school ;) ;)

Anonymous said...

though a little emotional & touching ,dat was a cool read....i really enjoyed.... so u r a writer too...alle!.......keep writing...all de best chechi....
may GOD bless you