Sunday, February 17, 2008

#10: My Sharjah Buddy...

[Discaimer: Those of you, who are new to my blog, please read the entries before this entry. The posts follow a reverse order so you would have to read the previous one's to keep the flow. Thank you]






You won’t believe but for about 4-5 melody rounds we sang one after the other or vice versa….and then once they started the “safe” & “danger” zone session… he kept falling in the danger zone when he sang before/after my performance.. hehe! And was safe when he didn’t! Like it was jinxed or something!! But still…those few moments before performing we always made sure that we wouldn’t be gloomy…and would be completely relaxed!! I used to make both him and Amal do mimicry for me…just before going on stage!! Yea…that was my way of keeping calm…









Not only was he a powerful performer, Deepak was also a very good friend. His best buddy Harib used to accompany him most of the time…and he also became really close to all of us. Although Deepak and I have never interacted personally all that much…we were there to help each other out…I know he was there to help me with my pitching and hitting those high notes…thanks a ton for that bud! :)






He was a very witty fellow and had real quick and smart answers to anything I asked/said! I remember that ragging session we shot…I was the one who started ragging him…and I had asked him whether he had some nerve twitching problem in his eyebrows ‘cause every time he sang he kept twitching one of his eyebrows up purposely!! And he was the one who told me to enact like an “ottagam from dufayi”!! That’s what I call ragging!! Hehe!!






His elimination was a very sad one indeed…especially when he gave such a brilliant performance with “Sree Lathikakal”…and looked dashing in that Black kurta of his. The minute he finished singing that song and after hearing the judges comment both Roopa chechi and I had a strong feeling that something was not right…we were hoping he should not be eliminated….and what we feared happened! The worst was…his calmness…he took it sooo well!!! I had nearly created a mini swimming pool with my tears while he stood there rock steady with that smile on his face. Amazing guy I tell you!






In a way he was happy he got eliminated at that point ‘cause he had his bunch of friends waiting for him in B’lore to join them at Infosys…and if he stayed on SSG longer…he would have lost that chance…well…everything happens for a reason now doesn’t it!






By the way those of you who are still unaware of the fact that Deepak and a few of his buddies from college have released an album called “O’live” please do download and listen to the beautiful tracks from that album…my personal fav is this one “En Nenjil”…where Deepak does the vocals for the opening stanza…brilliant stuff guys!! Way to go!!! All the best for your future projects my dear!!! Keep rocking like you always do…






Coming up next: The ‘Rhythm house’ of SSG!! :)




Until then…Keep smiling & Keep browsing!!! :)




Adios!



SSG (space) Rashmi

1 comment:

Sree said...

oh rash....believe me ..i was soo upset the day Deepak was eliminated. Three eliminations for which i shed a lot of tears : Deepak, Sooraj and the other one ..u know who :) Deepak always looked like a reserved character...looks are indeed deceptive alle? But i am glad that he has taken up his job at Infosys and also continuing music alng with work...good going Deepak....:)