Sunday, February 3, 2008

#9: Youngest Lad of SSG

[Discaimer: Those of you, who are new to my blog, please read the entries before this entry. The posts follow a reverse order so you would have to read the previous one's to keep the flow. Thank you]



We both came from the same place…Palakkad. He is a smart young lad of 16…one with a gifted voice and a charming personality…Prasobh…the youngest boy on SSG.



Initially I thought he was very quiet and “to-himself” types, but as we got talking and BOY did we get talking…I realized that he was way mature for his age and had a clear idea of what he wanted to do in life. He worked really hard each week for the show and the poor thing had to cope with his 12th grade studies as well.





We both had this nice long trip to Palakkad and then back to Trivandrum again one week….and we had soo much fun! You know 8 hours of traveling…if you’re alone you could go insane!!! We talked for almost half the journey, then the other half he browsed through my Creative Zen and then we dozed off. I did take some pretty decent shots of his on the train…you know me and my photography bug…hehe..it pops up all the time!!:-)







His best bud on the show was Amal.Oh God! The two of them together can bring the house down! I’m not joking people! Prashanth ettan, Prasobh’s elder bro was his inspiration. And the kind of relationship the 2 shared was that of friends. It was so nice to watch them talk. And if Prasobh’s a little down…more than pepping him up someone has to pep Prashanth Ettan up…its like we can actually feel like the invisible bond that connects the 2 of them. Amazing! Missed my sis (cousin) a lot right then!






When Prasobh bade farewell to all of us again he acted way mature for his age…and even though most of us were in tears he smiled all the way. Poor Amal was heart-broken to see his best friend leave. But I am sure that at 16 if this boy is able to sing marvelously…then he would be at his peak if he manages to keep up this work. And I do hope and pray he does. All the melodies he has sung on the show, “Sree Raagamo”, “Devanganangal”, “Pachamalr pole” and more, were my favourites. Especially the last song he performed “Satrangee re”.. oh my God.. I had goose-bumps when he sang “Mujhe Moth Ki Godh Mein Sone De…”.. what feel….and that too for a 16 year old to express it…Mind Blowing!! I love your dedication dear… keep singing like this…and I hope to see you bloom in the music industry someday…All the Very best… from your Chechi!:-)




I sure did miss traveling in the train with him. And missed him “passing remarks” during the grooming sessions. And missed pulling his legs. Well…good things never last too long now do they?




Once again I’m sorry for the delay of my post…but you guys would already know the reason if you read my previous entry ;-)




Coming up next: My Sharjah Buddy…




Till Then…Keep Smiling & Keep Browsing!!:-)




Adios!


SSG (space) Rashmi

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rash, saw you on tv for Amritha ss caravan. waiting for more blogs from you.

Chris

Anonymous said...

You're a good photographer as well!!... yest (friday) we were stuck in the traffic to global village for 4.5 hours, hence i missed the friday farewell....Thank God.. otherwise i would have probably cried a river......(Anand is my fav contestant:( :( :( :( :( ) i take this opportunity to wish him all the best:( :(....

Keep writing...
rgds

Anonymous said...

waiting 4 More

Cynic said...

Athu shari - blog ezhuthunna kaaryam varumbol computer-il virus, college-il assignments deadlines .. pinne enthokke thadassangal !!! Forum-il review ezhuthunnathinu ithonnum baadhakam alla - alle ? ha ha.. ;) ;)

Come on Rash.. we're all waiting for the next instalment.. :D :D

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Sajla Saleem will perform on 26th Dec 2008 at Al Nasr along with her other family members. Contact on 050 5787303 for more details.

Tc.

AH